So why did I decide to do yoga school/shala?
1. For me. I needed a hobby, a way to stay in shape and to find some work/life balance.
2. To deepen my practice. I found mindfulness through yoga and I liked that. The physical asanas were a vehicle for paying attention to my breath and my thoughts.
3. I liked how Dianne taught yoga using the Anusara Principles of Alignment. It made sense to me. I’ve been able to do things with my body that I never did as a kid. I was delighted to be able to finish off my training with Dianne as my mentor. My first mentor, Mary, introduced me to world of Jivamukti yoga and yoga philosophy. Then she opened up her own studio and fulfilled a lifelong dream. Congratulations, Mary, and thanks for your teachings!
4. I like the vibes at the studio. I feel like I fit in here. It’s a mixed group of people of all ages, experience, backgrounds and body types.
5. I love to learn. It was an exciting challenge to be part of the first group of graduates from shala. I have a voracious appetite for information so I read everything that I could get my hands on during yoga school.
I’m not gonna overanalyze this anymore. I just know that I’m having a great time!